Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is a distinguished and technical degree programme that is available to undergraduate students after four years of intensive study and practical experience in a certain sector. Because of the many employment prospects available in different sectors, it is one of the most sought-after courses among students following senior high school.
The emergence of the industrial revolution motivated engineers to succeed in the realms of automation and data interchange in manufacturing technologies and processes. These technologies, which include cloud computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, blockchain, robots, machine learning and big data, are defining the engineering sector’s new future.
Bachelor of Technology With OBE And CBCS
In the conventional educational system, pupils are graded and ranked against one another. In contrast to the OBE model, students are evaluated based on the objectives stated by education organisations, i.e. their knowledge and abilities, rather than summative assessment.
CBCS systems allow students to choose their topics and follow a semester schedule, with two consecutive semesters forming an academic year. This credit-based grading method is employed instead of the percentage-based system, and grades are assigned to students following the end-of-semester review. However, as defined by the UGC, the adoption of credit-based grading systems is widespread among institutions.
Best Specialisation For BTech
Let us attempt to identify specialisations in Btech that will be significant in the following decades.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): It is a broad field of computer science that focuses on the creation of intelligent computers that think and function like humans. AI-enabled devices are supposed to interpret inputs and data using a preset set of knowledge to mimic intelligence and behave and think like humans. It affects almost every industrial industry and subject, such as text editors, facial recognition systems and autocorrection, among others. This is the primary motivator for developing technologies such as robots, big data and IoT. As a result, we can confidently state that your B.Tech in CSE Artificial Intelligence will undoubtedly lead to significant job options for BTech graduates in the next decades.
- Data Science: It is a field of study that entails acquiring data, analysing it, and then producing relevant reports that may favourably affect company goals and objectives. Data is undeniably vital, and every sector makes use of it. As a result, data science is expanding and will thrive much more in the next decades. Students interested in pursuing a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with an emphasis on Data Science will have several chances in the sector. Unsurprisingly, this trend of CSE data science specialists will increase in demand in the next few years.
- Machine Learning: It is a subset of Artificial Intelligence that is an application or combination of apps or algorithms that prepare computers to learn from data without the participation of humans. One example of machine learning is algorithms that can identify cyber-attacks, their patterns, weaknesses, and solutions. Many businesses have begun to concentrate on Machine Learning, and feature engineering for machine learning job needs has begun to gain momentum for mid-career individuals. Thus, after completing your B.Tech in CSE with an inclined concentration, you would have more work prospects in machine learning shortly.
Opportunities For B.Tech Students In The Future
With these new developing trends, demand for new professions such as Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Big Data Engineer, Research Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer and Robotics Engineer has increased dramatically.
According to the analysis, there are over 15,000 employment openings published on Linkedin. Many organisations, including Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Google, Adobe, and Intel, are looking for people with expertise in AI & Data Science engineering, as well as CSE AI & ML. Healthcare organisations and retail heavyweights such as Walmart and Amazon are also looking for candidates with experience in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering, and Machine Learning.
Sunstone is a higher education services provider that collaborates with academic institutions to assist students in getting the skills necessary to thrive in the workforce. Sunstone delivers career-focused training interventions for undergraduate and postgraduate students at 40+ institutions and universities in 30+ locations.
Sunstone’s training programmes assist students in acquiring better employment with the help of industry support. These hybrid programmes focus on students’ soft talents and personalities. Sunstone’s principal purpose is to give youngsters a well-rounded education.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is BTech a course or specialisation?
Bachelor of Technical (BTech) is a technology course in and of itself. This is an undergraduate degree programme that assists students in selecting specialisations for future employment options.
- Which specialisation is best for BTech?
With the advent of automation, the internet, and the data revolution, Computer Science Engineering is the most sought-after job path for engineering students.
- How many types of BTech are there?
BTech offers more than 20 specialities. Candidates have a varied selection of specialities from which to choose the appropriate expertise.
- What is BTech eligibility?
Candidates must have received a passing grade in the class 12 examination from a board that is recognised, with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics as core courses in order to be eligible for admission to any BTech degree. This is the fundamental eligibility criteria. In addition to this, they need to have obtained an aggregate mark total of at least 60% in all of the aforementioned topics combined.